Monday, May 4, 2009

The First Ever Artists and Fleas Market in McCarren!

Well, the day started out looking a little bleak. I forgot my camera (and my monkey), we had some serious tent mishaps, and the weather report said it would RAIN RAIN RAIN!
But it all worked out wonderfully in the end! Yes, the Market in McCarren was lovely. I've prepaid for 3 more Saturdays, and I will happily return soon. (Stay tuned to find out when!) As you can see from the picture above, I had plenty of room. Next time I will either share my space, or um... expand. But I think I'd rather share. Anyone want to share a spot with me? I'm nice, I promise.

Oh yeah, and on a side note, I've realized (what I already knew) that I pretty much suck at selling. Making things is what I like. Telling people about how cool what I make is and giving them reasons why they need to buy it= awkward silence and jumbled words. Nope, talking to strangers does NOT come naturally to me, encouraging strangers to give me their money is even harder, and while I would LOVE to hire a sales person to do it for me, I know that's something I have to work on. Just wanted to put it in writing.

pssst! Check out Greenpointer's blog for more on the market!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh sayo I KNOW! I have the same problem. I hate hate hate being fake with the underline of BUY MY WARES!!! I want to make it big so that I can hire a genuine seller who is not only good at networking but fits into my style!
    I'm insanely awkward and I sell better online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sorry about that. At least you make beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, selling is hard, but just in believe in your product and share that belief - that will help you sell! Glad you loved your outing :)

    ReplyDelete

I like it when people leave comments.