Artists and Fleas. (and artists and fleas!) I feel like it should always be said twice. Don't ask why, I don't know. First off, it was FREEZING! I took my coat off a few times but kept my scarf on always. Sales were pretty slow, but one amazing customer made it all worth while...At about 4pm, this lady came frantically up to the table and excitedly told me she saw me at 321 the day before. I thought, "cool" but then she went on to explain that she liked my stuff so much that when her husband came in to get her because her son had fallen on the playground, had a bloody face, and needed to be rushed to the hospital, she was torn between being a good mother and leaving with them, or staying to shop. (She chose the first one) She had taken my card, and when she got home (her son was okay, thank goodness) she went to my website. It turned out, she lives right by Artists and Fleas so she came by and left with a couple rings! That totally made my day and made my "it's so cold in here" dance that I was doing behind the table so much more fun! Oh, also, she said she emailed me, but I never got it! So, Kate, if you're reading this, sorry I didn't respond to your email, it's not because I don't care!
This is the face I make when asked to smile for the camera. Sorry. All packed up and ready to brave the cold! Until next time...
wow! that lady bought a few rings! That' is so awesome! Sayo, I must admit when I first saw your things I fell in love but did not take the time to read the descriptions. I did that last week and I laughed so much, especially about the ring that liked cheeseburgers but couldn't eat them because she was a rock ring. How true. I've gotten so so many compliments on my colleen!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha, one of my rings likes cheeseburgers?? I don't even remember writing that! Silly Sayo.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post!I don't do craft fairs(I'm too lazy)and the only "fair" I've ever done was at a farmer's market.I also met a very sweet lady who bought from me that day and we write emails to each other every once a while.Now it looks like we're sending each other X'mas presents!
ReplyDeleteHow nice:)
ReplyDelete