Oh my. I worked late last night. I woke up extra early this morning to work an extra shift. And I am supposed to be working right now. Any big change in my sleeping schedule will usually leave me either cranky or foggy brained... or both. That's beside the point. Back to working early this morning. I agreed to work coat check for a 7 hour conference. Easy money. All I really had to do was sit with coats all day, however, I knew I was off to a bad start when I realized I had forgotten my phone and had forgotten to bring a book to read. Boredom ensued. Three umbrellas managed to open on me as I organized and reorganized all the crap in the coat check room. Three umbrellas, one, two, three. I worried for a second about all the bad luck I was accumulating, then moved on to list making. I made lists upon lists of all the things I have to do the rest of this month. I made lists of what I have to do in November. I now even have a tentative schedule made up for December. I have to get a new planner for 2009 soon so I can jot things down for January. (All of that is irrelevant also, the point is, I was bored.) Extra money is always useful, so I agreed to stay a little longer than planned. Ugh, then the dreaded rushing began. Not having my phone was tormenting me so I took the train home. I wasn't so far away after all.
La di da di da. (That's me fast forwarding a bit.)
I ate and changed and was off to my next job- if all went well, I would have been there on time too! Anyway, I got to the station and heard the train coming. I quickly swiped my card, the turnstile flashed a green "GO" sign, and I went. Only the bars didn't move and I smacked my face on em. Now I'm sitting here with fat lip, a chipped front tooth, and one less paycheck in my pocket. Ahhh, but at least now I can enjoy a relaxing night off! Know any good dentists in town?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I like it when people leave comments.