Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Misfits Among Misfits

Awww, I think I miss even this! (That's the exit that used to take me HOME) I just finished reading "Fugitives and Refugees" on the train tonight. It's sort of an autobiographical tour guide to the "fringe" of Portland, Oregon by Chuck Palahniuk. Now I'm a little homesick. Funny though, out of all the points of interest he names, I've only heard of a few. Eh, I guess that makes sense actually, I'm not that cool. Anyway, here's what I already knew about:

Laser light shows at OMSI. I got married at the 24 Hour Church of Elvis in high school- the new one after it moved to SW Ankeny or whatever the street was, but I remember an actual real wedding at the old one, like a real real one. The Rocky Horror Picture Show- don't they have that in most cities though? Bagdad Theater- I don't think I've ever been there, I just drove by it a lot. McMenamins is awesome though. Wacky Willy's- such a great store! I never knew about it until I moved to Hawaii though. I had metal casting assignment where we had to use speakers and our teacher sent us there to get cheap little ones. (to the one in Honolulu) Then I found out about the Portland one and bought a weird light socket thing there. The Grotto- I took my mom there for mothers day once, well actually, she took me because I was too young to drive. It's pretty there. I like the one in Vancouver better though, the one behind someones house... I never could remember how to get there. The Shanghai Tunnels- only because Heather keeps talking about them. I want to check it out. Paul Bunyan. And lastly, Darcelle.
I'd better get back there soon because clearly theres a million things I missed out on when I lived there... and I can only begin to imagine all the things I'm currently missing in New York. Oh, I want to go exploring. What's good in your city?

1 comment:

I like it when people leave comments.