A jewelry website is something I've been wanting for a long time now. I went so far as registering a domain name (two of them actually) and finding a host, but I kept putting off the actual making of a site for when I had "more time". As of recently, I've found myself with plenty of time. Perfect! I figured it couldn't be that hard to make a website. Everyone has one. All I needed was to crack down and get to work!
HA!
Honestly, I feel so behind the times. I don't know what happened, in high school I remember always wanting to be on the internet. The sphhhuuhhh sphussshhh sphhhhuuuuh sound my dial-up made always put a smile on my face in eager anticipation. I was learning html and even had a little "about me" website for a while.
Now, 10 years later, I'm still on the internet all the time, but lately view it as a source of frustration rather than a nice way to pass the time. It seems the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about being discovering new concepts, etc. but flash vs. xhtml and redirecting vs. IP pointing? (or whatever) I mean, really? I'm totally lost.
Tomorrow I'm going to a 2 hour free seminar on "How to start a website" at Noble Desktop. I'd put a link to their page here if I knew how. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I like it when people leave comments.