Thursday, December 18, 2008

Now you can spot me a mile away!

Or at least from across the room?

I took a cue from Ranunculae's tutorial on how she made her craft show banner, and decided to make one for myself!

It's still a work in progress, but I think it's coming along nicely. (I have to trim it up a bit and I left the other "A" on my bed at home.)

Instead of tracing and painting like Ranunculae, I pinned my printed out letters to some felt, cut them out, and glued them to my fabric with fabric glue. This way, I didn't have to use material that was light enough to trace through, and also, I don't have quite enough confidence in "my painting within the lines" skills and was afraid I'd mess up halfway through. The glue seems to be holding surprisingly well so I don't think I'll need to sew the letters on like I had planned! Yay!

I suppose now I should think of some way to attach it to a wall- I'm thinking duct tape for this weekend at the BK Lyceum unless I come up with something better before then, and if I have no wall, I'll just safety pin it to my table cloth.

Sorry I didn't think ahead enough to take step by step pictures, but it was easy, easy! Do it, do it! (If you want to)


4 comments:

  1. That looks dead easy! Yours look freaking awesome!It's so pro. Wow you must be doing alot of craft fair this month, busy busy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your banner looks awesome! great font, really clean. i think i'll take a cue from yours next time i need a banner...i'm glad my tutorial inspired you!

    maeg
    ranunculae

    ReplyDelete
  3. try the 3M adhesive strips to attach it to wall. I think it would look better than duct tape and wouldn't cause any harm to your awesome banner. good job btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Will definitly catch their eye.

    ReplyDelete

I like it when people leave comments.