Sunday, November 2, 2008

Name That Food!

I'll eat these, but I'm gonna have to do a bit of googling first because I have no idea what they are. I haven't done a proper grocery shop in such a long time- I can't even remember when I last had a fully stocked fridge. I went to the grocery store today starving and left as soon as I had the makings for a meal. (I made some green curry with tofu, mushrooms, baby bok choy, and sticky rice.) I grabbed these things too because I thought they were so cute! They look like mini watermelons, don't they? I doubt that's what they are though. I'd guess they're some kind of squash. Or something like a tomato. Maybe? It doesn't help that the store labels them as "Meat Department" No, I don't believe they are meat. Well, maybe. Do you know what they are? Okay, I'll try them soon and let you know.
Halloween was so fun! Yay. We marched in the parade for a few blocks, stopped for a slice of pizza, and then made our way up to 230 Fifth Ave. where I ran into a bunch of my coworkers and even my bumble bee roommate! Small world. They have such amazing views there! (see the empire state building coming outta my head?) I can't wait to go back on a day with less spider webs blocking the view.

3 comments:

  1. Oooo I know what those are! They're fruits, not squash of any kind. They're sweet and kinda gooey when its ripe. I think they're a type of gooseberries. I'll have to ask my boyfriend, his dad grew it in his backyard and I ate it all summer long back in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're fruit?? cool, now I have something to go on! thanks! :) do they look ripe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're Thai eggplants! Now I need to try gooseberries too though!

    ReplyDelete

I like it when people leave comments.