Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Episode 55: The one where Jared's in a Dawn commercial.

Once upon a time, about a year or two ago, I went to meet my friend, Lena, for drinks after work. She likes to go to free fancy parties for free fancy goodie bags. (who doesn't?) By the time I got there, the party was over and she was sitting outside with a bunch of people. I walked up as some guy walked by. She screamed for him to stop and stuff something up his nose for me. (She had probably had one too many free fancy cocktails by that point.) Much to my surprise, the guy stopped and stuck the stick of a tootsie roll pop up his nose and then licked it while making me a rose out of the wrapper. Eww. It turns out this guy was a very nice boy from Minnesota named Jared, a.k.a. Jared the Conjuror, and he had just performed at the free fancy party, escaping from a straight jacket and hammering screw drivers in his nose among other slightly disturbing to watch but amazing stunts. He has since started an ongoing show called Vicious Vaudeville in Brooklyn. Anyway, now Jared and I are great myspace friends! ("Great" as in, we both respond to eachothers occasional "what's up?" messages, and I don't ignore his bulletins.) He recently posted a bulletin which I thought was pretty cool-- a link to this online Dawn commercial he's in. Check it out and be sure to give "Mystic Finger" 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like it when people leave comments.