Today started off well. I stayed in the city last night. On my way home this morning, I did some grocery shopping and, went to Target, and still made it home before 10am! With my roommates still asleep, I made myself some breakfast, watched a little TV, and then got to work. Oh so productive. At about noon, I really wanted to take a nap and figured, why not? I set my alarm for 20 minutes and fell fast asleep. The alarm went off, I snoozed it, it went off again, I turned it off...
Next thing I knew I was an hour early to work. I didn't know anyone there so I sat down and pulled out a book to read. I read. And I read. Then I saw my friend Tara, from high school, so I followed her, but she got lost in the shuffle and I realized it was time to check in! Some Asian guy was checking people in and said I was late (by then it was 1 minute past call time) so he had to dock me 15 minutes! I got angry! I was so frustrated I started whining, "but I was here an hour early! I was just over there reading my book! Where were YOU? I was here for an HOUR!" He insisted I was still late. I then realized I hadn't even changed yet so I rushed over to the bathroom- it was strange, other coworkers were wearing long dresses and bad Halloween makeup. What kind of wacko event was it tonight? Ugh, I got a little lost trying to find the bathroom and went up a staircase that led out to a big stage- luckily I stopped short of actually going out there. The lights were dim, there was a huge crowd, and an announcers voice was booming . I saw a line of other waiters marching out to the stage with big smiles on their faces so I scurried back to find the bathroom only to realize I didn't even have a "costume" to change into. (oh brother!)
I guess that's equivalent to the "showing up naked to work/school/wherever" dream. Fine, back to work it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I like it when people leave comments.